The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship
The For Women in Science program was created out of a simple belief: the world needs science, and science needs women because women in science have the power to change the world.
The program is the U.S. component of the L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Fellowships program. Celebrating its twentieth year in the U.S., the For Women in Science program has awarded 100 postdoctoral women scientists over $5 million in grants.
L’Oréal USA partners with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) to manage the program’s application and peer-review process. Each year, the program attracts talented applicants from diverse STEM fields, representing some of the nation’s leading academic institutions and laboratories.
Deadline: Jan. 26, 2024
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by January 27, 2024
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
- Must be available the week of November 11, 2024 for the For Women in Science Awards Week.