The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
The Lewis Rudin Glaucoma Prize
The Lewis Rudin Glaucoma Prize provides a $30,000 award in recognition of an outstanding scholarly article on glaucoma published in a peer-reviewed journal during the previous calendar year.
The intent of the Lewis Rudin Glaucoma Prize is to recognize and encourage exemplary scholarly research in the field of glaucoma. Lewis Rudin was a prominent real estate developer in New York City. The award is funded by the May and Samuel Rudin Family Foundation with support of his brother Jack Rudin.
The Lewis Rudin Glaucoma Prize was established in 1995 through the New York Academy of Medicine and has become a prestigious award within the glaucoma and ophthalmology communities. The Lewis Rudin Glaucoma Prize was transferred to the ARVO Foundation in 2019; the first nominations will be accepted in 2019 for articles published in 2018.
Deadline: Sep. 1, 2019
The following criteria and award policies govern eligibility for the award:
- Nominees must be an ARVO member
- Nominee may be the first or last author on the article submitted for consideration
- Articles must have a publication date in the previous calendar year
- Self-nominations are permitted; only one submission is permitted per award cycle
- There are no geographic or citizenship restrictions