The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Lewis Walpole Library -- Visiting Fellowships and Travel Grants
The Lewis Walpole Library funds four-week visiting fellowships, including the Lewis Walpole Library/American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies residential fellowship, and two-week travel grants to support research in the library’s rich collections of materials from the British world of the long eighteenth-century.
Fellowship and Travel Grant Award recipients also have access to additional resources at Yale, including those in the Sterling Memorial Library, the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, and the Yale Center for British Art.
Deadline: Jan. 8, 2024
- Scholars pursuing postdoctoral or advanced research or
- Doctoral candidates at work on a dissertation
- the round-trip cost of travel between the Lewis Walpole Library and the recipient’s home institution or residence
- reimbursement of the cost of a rental car or local travel expenses
- accommodation for four weeks (fellowships) or two weeks (travel grants) in an eighteenth-century house on the Library’s campus
- a per diem living allowance to cover living expenses for four-week Fellows and two-week Travel Grant Recipients*. The per diem is calculated using the US General Services Administration’s current per diem rates (M & IE portion) for the Hartford, CT area.