The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Grants
Libraries are invited to apply for funding that supports a new or improved program or service that will solve a specific problem or meet an identified need of the library’s current or potential users. This competitive grant program allows libraries to focus on meeting their users’ needs by developing a project that has a user-focused need statement, defined outcomes, a timeline with a series of actions spread out over the funding period, and an evaluation that measures how well the outcomes were met. Projects need to support one of the goals from North Carolina’s LSTA Five Year Plan. Each goal is based on identified needs, strives toward excellence and equity in North Carolina’s libraries, and is related to one or more of the eight LSTA priorities.
- Eligible libraries may submit up to three EZ and Project grant applications per year.
- State Library Consultants are available to provide feedback throughout the application process and to review complete draft applications submitted through February 9, 2024.
- To be eligible, all grant application documents must be received by 11:59 PM on the due date.
- Only complete applications from eligible libraries will be considered.
Due November 1, 2023
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Application for Project Grant
- NC Cardinal Application
Due March 1, 2024
- EZ Grant Application
- Project Grant Application
- Year 2 or 3 Project Grant Application
Areas of Interest
EZ Planning Grants are for single year projects focused on planning activities, like strategic planning and needs assessments. The minimum that may be requested is $5,000; the maximum is $50,000.
Project grants are for more complex projects that may be single or multi-year and are funded at a higher level than EZ Grants. The minimum that may be requested for Project Grants is $50,000; the maximum is $100,000 for single year projects and $150,000 per year for multi-year projects.
EZ Grants & Project Grants
The following North Carolina libraries are eligible to apply for LSTA EZ, Project and Multi-Year Project grants:
• A public library or library system that meets the eligibility requirements for the Aid to Public Libraries Fund (State Aid);
• Community college libraries;
• North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities member libraries; and
• University of North Carolina system libraries, which includes libraries serving the Area Health Education Centers affiliated with eligible UNC and NCICU institutions.