The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Living With a Star Science (ROSES 2019)
The Living With a Star (LWS) Program emphasizes the science necessary to understand those aspects of the Sun and Earth’s space environment that affect life and society. The ultimate goal of the LWS Program is to provide a scientific understanding of the system that leads to predictive capability of the space environment conditions at Earth, other planetary systems, and in the interplanetary medium.
The LWS program objectives are as follows:
1. Understand how the Sun varies and what drives solar variability.
2. Understand how the Earth and planetary systems respond to dynamic external and internal drivers.
3. Understand how and in what ways dynamic space environments affect human and robotic exploration activities.
- REQUIRED Step 1 proposals: Dec. 5, 2019
- Invited Step 2 proposals: Feb. 27, 2020