The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) -- Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Program
The Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Program is a year-round educational program that provides students with relevant research experience while they are pursuing a graduate degree. In some cases, students can arrange to conduct master's or doctoral thesis research at the Laboratory.
- The majority of the appointments are in the technical and scientific disciplines.
- Appointments are available for 90 days up to one year, with option for renewal based upon program requirements.
- Students are selected on the basis of field of study, grade point average, and research interests.
- Individuals may remain in the GRA program for up to three months after receiving a PhD.
To be eligible, applicants must
- provide documentation of acceptance in a graduate program;
- enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of six graduate credit hours per semester; and
- initially have and maintain a cumulative 3.2/4.0 GPA.
All students must remain enrolled at their university while working at the laboratory during the academic year. Students are required to provide proof of enrollment to the Education Program Office to verify continued eligibility.