MEDx is pleased to announce a call for proposals for interdisciplinary research in the area of biomechanics of injury and injury repair. Applicants research should address one of the following:
- the biomechanics of injury
- the cellular or tissue response to injury or injury repair
- the development of biomechanical methods to evaluate cellular or tissue injury or regeneration
- injury treatments that involve a biomechanical modality
- biomechanical approaches that aid in the clinical evaluation of injury or recovery from injury
The proposals may address basic biomedical questions or may be translational, but each application must represent a collaboration between a regular rank faculty member in the Pratt School of Engineering and a regular rank faculty member in the School of Medicine.
Grant applications should request up to $50,000 in direct costs. Indirect costs are not covered by this grant mechanism. The term of the award will be one year. The intent of the award is to position investigators to obtain external funding.
Deadline: Feb. 3, 2020