The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
National Priorities Research Program (NPRP)
The National Priorities Research Program (NPRP) is the main funding program of QNRF and the primary means by which QNRF seeks to support research that addresses Qatar’s needs.
The objective of the program is to competitively select research projects that will address national priorities through supporting basic and applied research as well as translational research/experimental development.
Through this NPRP-S cycle, QNRF intends to stimulate partnerships between academics and research end-users.
The NPRP-S aims to focus on meritorious research projects that demonstrate a potential impact on the development of Qatar’s society and economy with an emphasis on:
- tackling needs and challenges that local research end-users face;
- supporting projects with tangible impacts;
- focusing on subjects that are highly promising in terms of commercial and technological potential;
- promoting a public-private partnership culture in Qatar;
- encouraging a more cross-cutting / interdisciplinary approach to projects;
- stimulating scientific excellence and the advancement of knowledge in Qatar.
Deadline: April 20, 2021
For up to four-year awards, application budget may not exceed US $180,000 for a one-year project, US $360,000 for a two-year project, US $540,000 for a three-year project and US $630,000 for a four-year project. For projects exceeding one year, the budget may not exceed US $225,000 in any year. This amount includes personnel, capital equipment, consumables, materials, services, travel, miscellaneous, and indirect costs as applicable.