The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
NCI Cancer Screening Research Network: Coordinating and Communication Center (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is one of three FOAs that will support a comprehensive effort by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to provide infrastructure to develop the Cancer Screening Research Network (CSRN). The primary goal of the CSRN is the conduct of multi-center cancer screening trials and studies. This Network is designed to take advantage of large and diverse populations receiving routine care in a variety of healthcare settings. The CSRN will engage these populations in rigorous studies focused on cancer screening to improve early cancer detection and evaluate emerging cancer screening modalities with the ultimate goal of reducing cancer incidence, and cancer-related morbidity and mortality.
The CSRN will support the following components that will be individually awarded through the respective FOAs indicated below:
- RFA-CA-23-020: CSRN Accrual, Enrollment, and Screening Site (ACCESS) Hubs;
- RFA-CA-23-021: CSRN Statistics and Data Management Center (SDMC); and
- RFA-CA-23-022: CSRN Coordinating and Communication Center (CCC; this FOA).
Each key component of the CSRN program is described briefly below:
- CSRN ACCESS Hubs will establish multi-disciplinary teams to recruit participants to CSRN trials and studies, conduct the screening protocols, and participate in the scientific development and implementation of those trials and studies.
- CSRN Statistics and Data Management Center (SDMC) will provide statistical expertise and centralized data management, quality control, and reporting in support of CSRN clinical trials and other cancer screening studies.
- CSRN Coordinating and Communication Center (CCC) will provide cancer screening expertise and clinical trial leadership and is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of study operations, as well as the development and implementation of communication activities.
Only one application per institution is allowed.
Letter of Intent Due Date(s): January 28, 2023
Application Due Date: February 28, 2023
RFA-CA-23-022 Expiration Date March 01, 2023
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 4 years.