The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Neuroscience Scholars Program
The Neuroscience Scholars Program is a two-year training program open to underrepresented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. Building on the 30 year history of NSP, the program supports annual travel awards, mentoring, and the professional development of up to 15 candidates known as NSP Fellows.
In addition, all eligible applicants will be invited to become NSP Associates, including those selected as NSP Fellows. The extensive two-year training program provides live events and webinars, a rich library of educational resources, and an online diversity affinity group of NSP mentors and alumni for seeking career connections and guidance. Events, webinars, and resources will focus on career advancement issues, topics related to research process, and cutting edge scientific content.
Deadline: Feb. 19, 2020
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Enrolled in a graduate degree-granting program or postdoctoral fellowship
- Candidates must be from a group recognized as underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences, including:
- Blacks or African Americans
- Hispanics or Latinos
- American Indians or Alaska Natives
- Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders
- Individuals with disabilities, defined as physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities