The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) announces the availability of funds for administrative supplements to NIGMS-funded R01, R15, R16, R35 and R37 research projects and to centers, resources and core facilities from the following NIGMS programs:
- IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) (P20)
- Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20 and P30)
- Mature Synchrotron Resources for Structural Biology (P30)
- Biomedical Technology Research Resources (P41)
- NIGMS National and Regional Resources (R24)
- Biomedical Technology Development and Dissemination Centers (RM1)
- Collaborative Program Grants for Multidisciplinary Teams (RM1)
- Native American Research Centers for Health (NARCH) (S06)
- National Centers for Cryoelectron Microscopy (U24)
- National Network for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24)
- Biomedical Knowledgebases (U24)
- Biomedical Data Repositories (U24)
- Coordination Center for the Models of Infectious Disease Agent Study (MIDAS) Program (U24)
- The NIGMS Human Genetic Cell Repository (U42)
- Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Networks for Clinical and Translational Research (IDeA-CTR)(U54)
For R01, R15, R16, R35, and R37 research projects, funds are intended for the purchase of a single unit of equipment (to include components as necessary, e.g., for a working microscope) for the benefit of the project's research plan.
For centers, resources and core facilities from the programs listed above, funds are intended for the purchase of needed equipment that will enhance user access to and/or the impact of the resource. For other research projects listed above, funds are intended to enhance the impact of the project goals.
Only single requests are permitted; linked requests submitted by two or more NIGMS grantees at the same institution with similar equipment needs are not allowed.
The parent award must be active when the supplement application is submitted (e.g., within the originally reviewed and approved project period and not currently in a no-cost extension) and have a project period end date at least one year beyond the application due date.
Requests will be prioritized based on the need for the equipment to conduct the research supported by the parent grant.
Application Due Date(s) – March 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023