The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
NPN Subsidy Programs
As an artist-centered network, NPN is deliberate in crafting its programs to reflect basic principles of equitable standards for artists while creating and touring their work. NPN has established a distinct yet inter-related cluster of Subsidy Programs that both reflect its mission and add value to the ongoing work of presenter, artist, audience, and community constituencies. The major programs include:
- Performance Residency Program: provides subsidies to NPN Partners to present performing artists from other communities within the United States for one- or two-week stays. Artists presented under the NPN Performance Residency model are required to work under the NPN standard contract and fee structure.
- VAN Exhibition Residency Program: provides subsidies to VAN Partners to exhibit and host visual artists from other communities within the United States for one- or two-week stays. Artists exhibited under the VAN Exhibition Residency model are required to work under the VAN standard contract and fee structure.
- Creation Fund: provides commissioning support to local or out-of-town artists toward the creation of new work. The Forth Fund provides additional resources to the new work.
- Community Fund: enhances the connections between an NPN Partner’s local community and the national artists participating in Performance Residency or Creation Fund programs.
- LANE: in partnership with the Nonprofit Finance Fund, is a years-long initiative to move talk about cultural equity into action by providing training and resources to NPN/VAN Partners.
Areas of Interest
NPN provides support for established and emerging artists in dance, music, theater, performance art, puppetry, and spoken word.