The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
OGA -- Faculty Global Engagement Fund [Duke Internal Funding]
The Faculty Global Engagement Fund advances Duke University faculty by supporting innovative approaches to global research, teaching and scholarly engagement at Duke and abroad. Funds support international travel and global projects that advance global research, engage with global partners or provide Duke students with new opportunities for global learning and engagement. Funds may also support exploratory travel to establish connections abroad, form a global initiative and/or prepare a project proposal for an OGA or external global funding opportunity. Projects may occur on Duke’s campus, virtually or abroad.
Priority will be given to proposals which:
- Are made by Assistant and Associate Professors
- Include interdisciplinary approaches to pressing global issues, including but not limited to: climate change and sustainability, citizenship and migration, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI), and global health
- Involve engagement with researchers and institutions in Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs)
- Develop new or strengthen existing research networks, international partnerships and/or global learning opportunities for students
- Include a plan for sustained engagement after the conclusion of the award period
Funds will be awarded on a rolling basis from September 1st, 2023 – May 15th, 2024.
Tenure-track and regular-rank faculty with a primary appointment on the University side are eligible to apply. Assistant and Associate Professors will receive priority consideration.
This fund is intended to support faculty who currently have limited financial resources to engage in international activities, including international research, travel and course development. It is assumed that support requested from the Faculty Global Engagement Fund cannot be obtained through personal research accounts, departmental, college, or external sources. Efforts to obtain funding from other sources must be reported and attached to the application.
Faculty may apply for awards in the ranges specified below:
- $500 – 3,000 for individual and/or exploratory projects
- $3,000 – 7,000 for substantial projects likely to have significant long-term impacts
Proposals that deviate substantially from these ranges are unlikely to be awarded.
Funds may be used to cover travel, research, course or program development and other project-related expenses. The fund does not support conference travel, unless participation in a conference is related to a broader project or initiative.