The Faculty Global Engagement Fund seeks to advance Duke University faculty by promoting innovative approaches to global research and teaching and scholarly engagement, both at Duke and abroad. Funds support international travel and global projects that advance global research, engage with global partners or provide Duke students with new opportunities for global learning and engagement. Funds may also support exploratory travel to establish connections abroad, form a global initiative and/or prepare a project proposal for an OGA or external global funding opportunity. Projects may occur on Duke’s campus, virtually or abroad. All project proposals should delineate measurable outcomes and assessment criteria.
Priority will be given to proposals which:
- Are made by Assistant Professors
- Include interdisciplinary approaches to pressing global issues, including but not limited to: climate change and sustainability, citizenship and migration, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI), and global health
- Involve engagement with researchers and institutions in Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs)
- Develop new or strengthen existing research networks, strategic partnerships and/or global learning opportunities for students
- Include a plan for sustained engagement after the conclusion of the award period
Funds will be awarded on a rolling basis from September 1st, 2022 – April 15th, 2023. Faculty may apply for awards of up to $3,000. 15 awards will be available during the fiscal year.