The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Ohio Opioid Technology Challenge
The Challenge is a three-phase, prize-based competition to find and develop technology-based solutions that address or improve opioid abuse prevention, treatment and overdose avoidance and response.
The Idea Phase: Opens October 18, 2017
- Seeks to collect many ideas from technical and non-technical audiences including researchers, caregivers, services providers and citizen scientists
- Submissions will help identify solution gaps, new ideas, and opportunities for combatting the crisis
- Ideas received will be used to help inform topics for the Challenge Phase
- Up to five (5) of the most promising ideas will be selected for a top prize of $10,000.
- Runners-up will be entered to win $500 prizes. Forty will be awarded. 20 to citizen scientists and 20 to professionals/experts.
The Challenge Phase:
- Seeks expertise of the worldwide business and innovation community to advance technical solutions in response to the crisis.
- Winners receive monetary prizes and progress to the next phase to refine and cultivate their solutions into implementable products.
The Product Phase:
- A continuation of the Challenge Phase, this phase enables winners to develop and refine their solutions for market entry
Deadline: Dec. 15, 2017
Engineering and Physical Sciences
Medical - Basic Science
Medical - Clinical Science
Medical - Translational
December 15, 2017