The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
OREF Injectable Orthobiologics Knee Osteoarthritis Research Grant
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Soliciting investigator-initiated research proposals focused on the broad area of injectable orthobiologics for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Determining clinical efficacy and safety of an injectable orthobiologic treatment(s) to provide decreased pain and improved function, preferably through the assessment of a balanced outcome scorecard measuring patient-reported outcomes and appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Assessing the mechanisms of action of an injectable orthobiologic treatment(s) in knee osteoarthritis to reduce pain and improve function or modify the progression of disease in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
Areas of research focus may include translational preclinical or clinical research to preferably include pilot human studies.
Deadline: Feb. 21, 2022
- Orthopaedic Surgeons licensed to practice in the U.S and working in an institution in the U.S. with active clinical practice.
- Principal Investigator is required to be member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- PhDs, DVMs or other qualified researchers can serve as a co-investigator, but should hold a faculty appointment in an orthopaedic department at an institution in the U.S.
Medical - Basic Science
Medical - Clinical Science
Medical - Translational
February 21, 2022