The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
OREF Total Joint Replacement Research Grant in Memory of Jorge O. Galante, MD
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- OREF encourages investigator-initiated research proposals focused on total joint replacement. Areas of research focus may include: New surgical techniques, devices, joint implant designs, joint implant materials, or the biology of disease and repair.
- OREF strongly encourages the submission of well-crafted basic, translational and clinical studies.
- Clinical relevance must be clearly noted in the abstract and specific aims and be obvious from the title and the study design. All proposed projects should generate results that have a practical application. It is expected that upon completion of the proposed project, the principal investigator will be well poised to pursue NIH/DOD or the equivalent large-scale funding to continue to advance the area of research.
Deadline for Letters of Intent: June 8, 2021
- Domestic, non-profit, public, and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- Multidisciplinary research activity is always encouraged. The principal investigator (PI) must be an orthopaedic surgeon or a full-time researcher (e.g., PhD, DVM, DO). The orthopaedic surgeon must be licensed to practice and working in an institution in the United States. A PhD serving as PI or co-PI must hold a primary or secondary faculty appointment in an orthopaedic department. A letter from the department chair confirming this appointment is required.
- The PI must be a new investigator. A new investigator is classified as an individual who has not received an R01 National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant or its equivalent (e.g., VA, DOD, NSF) as a PI.
$300,000 over a three-year grant period
Engineering and Physical Sciences
Environmental & Life Sciences
Medical - Basic Science
Medical - Clinical Science
Medical - Translational
June 8, 2021