The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
ORISE Research Participation Program with NASA
The NASA Mission Directorate Research Participation Program provides opportunities for postdoctoral researchers, postgraduates, and university faculty to conduct research that supports NASA’s Mission Directorates, Program offices, and institutes. The program encourages scientific research in disciplines relevant to NASA; creates the next generation of American scientists; and addresses issues relevant to these strategic goals:
- Expand the frontiers of knowledge, capability, and opportunity in space
- Advance our understanding of Earth and develop technologies to improve the quality of life on our home planet
- Serve the American public and accomplish NASA’s mission by effectively managing people, technical capabilities, and infrastructure
Because of the educational nature of these programs, participants must fall into one of the following categories:
- be a postgraduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in a science or engineering discipline, or;
- be a postdoctoral researcher who has earned a PhD within five years of the start date of the appointment, or;
- be a full-time faculty member at an accredited U.S. college or university, or;
- be a senior scientist who is collaborating with NASA scientists, or
- be an invited traveler, who receives honoraria and travel reimbursement only.