The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Pinnacle Research Award in Liver Disease
The Pinnacle Research Award in Liver Disease is a three-year basic science award that provides young scientists with support for their research to bridge the gap between completion of research training and attainment of status as an independent research scientist. The additional research experience provided by this award is intended to enable young scientists to successfully compete for research awards from national sources, particularly the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Well-trained investigators who hold MD, PhD or MD/PhD degrees and are pursuing a career in liver disease research are encouraged to apply.
The Pinnacle Research Award is intended to develop the potential of outstanding, young scientists and encourage research in liver physiology and disease. Individuals who are already well-established in the field are not eligible for this award.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2019
- Applicant must commence the award within the first five (5) years of his/her first faculty appointment (including prior appointments in universities outside of North America).
- If the applicant does not have a faculty appointment at the time of application, a letter signed by the department chair confirming that the applicant will have a faculty appointment (a) no later than the Pinnacle Research Award start date and (b) for the full award cycle must be submitted.
- The applicant must be a member of AASLD at the time of award application and maintain active membership for the duration of the award period.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a research mentor. The mentor must be an AASLD member in good standing at the time of application and maintain active membership for the duration of the award period.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a public or private non-profit institution accredited in the United States, Canada or Mexico engaged in health care and health-related research.
- At the time of application or during the Pinnacle Research Award cycle, the applicant cannot hold or have held any of the following awards: NIH R01, PO1, R29, R21, or any K award; American Liver Foundation Liver Scholar Award; Veterans Administration Merit Review Grant or Career Development Award; AGA Industry Award, Glaxo Institute for Digestive Health Award; American Heart Association Award; or any other similar award that is intended to primarily support the salary of young investigators.
- The AASLD Foundation must be notified immediately if the applicant receives another research award during the application process or after the receipt of an award.
- Applicant may only apply for one (1) AASLD Foundation (AASLDF) award per application cycle.