The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
The Posen Society of Fellows
The fellowship grants $20,000/year for two years, and the opportunity to attend two summer seminars (in the US) led by preeminent Jewish Studies scholars, along with the preceding or subsequent cohort (for a total of 12 Fellows) to share their work, participate in professionalization workshops and attend lectures. Fellows maintain ongoing contact to support each other’s work, and submit an annual report on their progress to the foundation.
Deadline: Dec. 30, 2018
- Doctoral candidates working on a dissertation topic related to modernization processes in Jewish history, society and culture
- Applicants must have met all of their university’s requirements to be Ph.D candidate and have an approved dissertation topic
- Applicants who have already begun writing their dissertation must anticipates at least two years to completion
- Applicants may not hold other concurrent fellowships and/or academic awards in excess of $10,000 per year
- Participants must have a valid USA visa and be able to travel to the US (in August) and present and discuss their own and colleagues’ work in English.