The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Awards
The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award is a one-year award of $12,500 that supports MD, PhD, and MD/PhD postdoctoral fellows in their first or second year of appointment as a postdoctoral research fellow or trainee, and who seek professional development, additional training and experience in liver research.
While applications on all liver-related research topics will be considered, the following are of very high interest: autoimmune hepatitis, biliary atresia, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, transplantation, hepatitis.
Deadline: Dec. 13, 2019
Applicants must meet the following guidelines in order to be eligible for a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award:
1. Applicant must be sponsored by a public or private non-profit institution accredited in the United States, Canada or Mexico engaged in health care and health-related research.
2. Applicant must apply within the first two (2) years of his/her first postdoctoral research fellowship at the time of application. Individuals with more than two years of postdoctoral research training are ineligible.
3. Applicant must be sponsored by a research mentor.
4. The American Liver Foundation must be notified immediately if the applicant receives another research award during the application process or after the receipt of an award.
5. Applicant may only apply for one award or fellowship offered by the American Liver Foundation.