1. Matriculating in a full-time doctoral (Ph.D.) program with an academic career focus.
2. A defined research plan and have access to institutional resources to conduct the proposed research project.
3. A qualified mentor with expertise to supervise and provide guidance on epilepsy related research.
4. Have not previously been awarded an American Epilepsy Society or an Epilepsy Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship.
5. U.S. citizenship is not required; however, research must be conducted in the U.S.
6. Applications are encouraged from women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.