The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship
The fellowship award offers up to $30,000 for stipend and travel support to the AES Annual Meeting for one year, as well as a one-year AES membership. The number of awards granted each year is contingent upon available funds.
1. Matriculating in a full-time doctoral (Ph.D.) program with an academic career focus.
2. A defined research plan and have access to institutional resources to conduct the proposed research project.
3. A qualified mentor with expertise to supervise and provide guidance on epilepsy related research.
4. Have not previously been awarded an American Epilepsy Society or an Epilepsy Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship.
5. U.S. citizenship is not required; however, research must be conducted in the U.S.
6. Applications are encouraged from women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.