The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Privacy Enhancing Technologies request for proposals
Over the past few years, we’ve established research award opportunities to support privacy-focused projects in academia. Most recently, our 2021 Privacy Enhancing Technologies request for proposals was met with great interest and we were pleased to award ten excellent projects. We will continue this momentum and refine our topics of interest under the Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs) area for 2022.
By integrating Privacy Enhancing Technologies into our products, we are building trustworthy experiences that billions of people use worldwide. Our primary goal is to help design and deploy new privacy enhancing solutions that minimize the data we collect, process, and externally share, while supporting business and delighting consumers across the Meta family of products. As we continue making strides in Privacy Enhancing Technologies at Meta, one of the key elements is learning from outside experts.
To foster further innovation in this area, and to deepen our collaboration with academia, Meta is pleased to invite faculty to respond to this call for research proposals pertaining to the areas of interest highlighted below. We anticipate awarding eight to ten awards, each in the $80,000–100,000 range. Payment will be made to the proposer's host university as an unrestricted gift.
Deadline: April 20, 2022
- The proposal must comply with applicable U.S. and international laws, regulations, and policies.
- Applicants must be current full-time faculty at an accredited academic institution that awards research degrees to PhD students.
- Applicants must be the Principal Investigator on any resulting award.
- Meta cannot consider proposals submitted, prepared, or to be carried out by individuals residing in or affiliated with an academic institution located in a country or territory subject to comprehensive U.S. trade sanctions.
- Government officials (excluding faculty and staff of public universities, to the extent they may be considered government officials), political figures, and politically affiliated businesses (all as determined by Meta in its sole discretion) are not eligible.