The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Ralph W. Gerard Prize in Neuroscience
The Ralph W. Gerard Prize in Neuroscience honors an outstanding scientist who has made significant contributions to neuroscience throughout his or her career.
The highest recognition conferred by SfN, the Gerard Prize is named for Dr. Ralph W. Gerard, a revered neuroscientist who was instrumental in establishing SfN and served as honorary president 1970-1974.
Recipients receive a $30,000 prize and complimentary registration, transportation (economy air or ground), and two nights hotel accommodations for the SfN annual meeting. The SfN President presents the prize at a lecture at the meeting.
Deadline for nominations: April 4, 2024
- Nominations must be made or endorsed by an SfN member.
- Nominees do not need to be SfN members.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Current SfN officers and councilors are ineligible for nomination.
- Due to the potential conflicts of interest, members of the selection committee may not be the nominees and they cannot serve as nominators nor write letters of recommendation.