The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Resident Research Project Grant—RD2
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Provides funding to residents who are interested in research.
- Covers research expenses, but not salary or travel.
- Work should clearly be achievable by the resident as a free-standing project even when it is a part of a larger work.
- Both laboratory and clinical projects (e.g. outcome studies) are suitable, but in either case clinical relevance must be explicitly and clearly described.
- The resident will learn to write a competitive research proposal and will develop a relationship with a mentor who has research experience and mentored others.
Deadline: Feb. 21, 2020
- Domestic non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities and colleges.
- The applicant (PI) must be an orthopaedic surgery resident in an ACGME-Accredited orthopaedic program in the United States.
$150,000 ($50,000 per year for up to three years)
Medical - Clinical Science
February 21, 2020