The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
SOCIAL INNOVATOR IN RESIDENCE
Social innovation is about finding creative solutions to social problems that promote positive change. Grinnell College's mission is to provide a liberal arts education that is rooted in social justice, critical thinking, diversity, and global awareness. Our commitment to social innovation reflects its belief in the power of education to transform lives and communities for the better.
Deadline: Sep. 5, 2023
Individuals working in any sector and who meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Changemakers working on the cutting edge of social innovation;
- Leaders creating solutions to social justice issues;
- Visionaries tackling complex and systemic challenges in a sustainable and equitable way;
- Mentors inspiring the next generation of social innovators; and
- Social innovators who would benefit from time and space to further their social innovation work.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 Visa even if they are currently in the United States). Please contact Vicki Nolton if you have any questions about your eligibility.
- Applicants must have demonstrated their impact and be recognized in their community and/or field as a leader in social innovation work in their field.
- Applicants must be proficient in English to ensure the ability to exchange ideas with our campus and/or broader community.
- Applicants must be able to live off-site from their work for five to seven weeks in the fall of 2024.
- Alumni and friends of the College are encouraged to apply, but applicants do not need any affiliation with Grinnell College to apply.
- Eligibility is open to U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or citizens from other countries who are eligible for J-1 Exchange Visitor status in the “Specialist” category. J-1 Specialists will be hosted by the CLS in collaboration with Grinnell College’s Office of International Student Affairs.
The Social Innovator will receive an award and stipend that together total $50,000.
The College will cover the cost of the Social Innovator’s travel to Grinnell College for a residency planning visit and to and from Grinnell College at the commencement and completion of the residency period. The Social Innovator will be responsible for all travel costs associated with any partner or family members who accompany the Social Innovator during the residency period.