The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
SPIE Education Outreach Grants Program
As part of its education outreach mission, SPIE provides support for optics and photonics related education outreach activities. The award process is competitive; applications are judged on their potential to impact students and increase optics and photonics awareness. Some proposals may receive partial funding.
The key criterion in evaluation and ranking applications is the potential to impact students and to increase optics and photonics awareness.
Applications are judged on:
- potential to impact a large audience
- raise awareness and interest in optics and photonics
- clarity and structure of the project
- clear timeline and budget
Deadlines: Dec. 1, 2023
- Applicants must be current SPIE Members
- Qualifying not-for-profit organizations such as universities, optics centers, science centers, primary and secondary schools, youth clubs, industry associations, and international optical societies are eligible for outreach activity support, as long as applicant is an SPIE Member. STEM activities must have an optics or photonics component.
- An endorsement from a staff member or advisor at the applying organization is required as part of the application process.