The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
SRCD U.S. Policy Fellowship Program
The SRCD Federal Policy Fellowship Program is a full-time immersion experience in Washington, D.C. and runs from September 1st through August 31st. Fellows are placed in either a federal agency or congressional office placement and serve as resident scholars in their placements. The SRCD Executive Branch Policy Fellowship may be renewed for a second year at the agency's discretion and, under rare circumstances, the SRCD Congressional Policy Fellowship may be extended four months to the end of the legislative session.
The Federal Fellowship Program aims to:
- Provide fellows with firsthand experience in federal policymaking, program implementation, and evaluation.
- Provide federal executive branch agencies and Congress greater access to research expertise on a diverse range of child development topics to enhance evidence-based policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Build a network of experts that bridge developmental science, federal policymaking, and practice.
There are two types of federal fellowships: SRCD Congressional Policy Fellowship and SRCD Executive Branch Policy Fellowship. Both fellowships provide opportunities for researchers to come to Washington, D.C. to learn about policy development, implementation and evaluation and to use developmental science outside of the academic setting to inform public policy.
Deadline: Jan. 7, 2024
- Applicants must receive a doctoral-level degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., M.D.) relevant to child development prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be members of SRCD.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.