The American Heart Association’s purpose in offering this Health Technologies & Innovation Strategically Focused Research Network (NETWORK) is to:
1) Research the role and value of innovative technology solutions to improve health outcomes, optimize costs, increase health engagement and patient/provider connectivity. It’s anticipated that the NETWORK will serve to enhance research collaboration across disciplines and may further validate the value of existing health technology solutions or establish novel technology approaches – equally favorable endpoints.
2) Build a robust collaborative research team across the Network by providing the Network with structures and funds to conduct a high impact joint network research project (NETWORK PROJECT).
3) Incubate, nourish and explore, during the initial four-year award funding period, the creation of an enduring AHA Health Technology Research Collaborative (COLLABORATIVE) to endure subsequent to the four-year funding award. Potentially consisting of the four selected Centers, the COLLABORATIVE infrastructure may serve as an AHA research ‘think tank’ to assist with identifying, creating, testing and bringing to scale future innovative health technologies.
An institution may submit only one AHA strategically focused research network application for any SFRN competition.
- Duke Internal: Interested applicants should contact Paul Noe as early as possible
- Required Letter of Intent: Nov. 12, 2019
- Full Application: Jan. 7, 2020