The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Support for Duke Units to Host Ph.D. Student Internships in Summer 2022
During Summer 2022, the Provost’s Office will support professional development opportunities for current Duke Ph.D. students who do not have full summer funding. Units that would like to host such an opportunity may submit a proposal by January 28, 2022. Proposals will be accepted via Formstack (https://dukeinterdisc.formstack.com/forms/phd_internships_duke).
We are seeking Ph.D. student internship opportunities that align with Together Duke and will provide Ph.D. students with research experience connected to their intellectual trajectory. Examples from past years:
- A Duke Forest intern assessed emerging risks to the Forest
- Duke University Press hosted two interns who worked on an innovation team that explored digital strategies for authors to engage with readers during the pandemic
- The Triangle Center for Evolutionary Medicine had an intern assist with development of curricular materials for K-12 schools
- An intern with the Modern Language Association designed and marketed a resource toolkit around curricular innovation and teacher training.
- Proposals should be submitted by the head of a unit (dean, director, chair, etc.).
- Units must provide a 50% cost share on the stipend and fringes.
In-person, remote and/or hybrid internships will be considered. The proposed internship experience should last for up to three months in the summer and proposals may be configured in one of the following formats:
- Three-month (19.9 hours/week) internship; intern will receive a stipend of $8,250 as well as coverage of summer tuition and health fee
- Two-month (19.9 hours/week) internship; intern will receive a stipend of $5,500 as well as coverage of summer tuition and health fee
- One and a half month/6-week internship (19.9 hours/week); intern will receive a stipend of $4,125 as well as coverage of summer tuition and health fee