The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
U.S. Embassy Bratislava PAS Annual Program Statement
PAS Bratislava invites proposals for programs that strengthen societal and cultural ties between the U.S. and Slovakia through programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs should include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives. Project proposals should have an intrinsic public diplomacy objective in support of the Priority Program Areas listed below. Projects with a particular emphasis on activities outside the capital of Bratislava will have a priority.
Deadline: January 31, 2023; June 17, 2024
Areas of Interest
Priority Program Areas:
- Supporting Slovakia’s transatlantic orientation by addressing hybrid threats, including disinformation and cyber security.
- Supporting Slovakia’s capacity to uphold rule of law anti-corruption efforts and increased transparency.
- Strengthening independent media and journalism and helping to foster critical thinking.
- Promoting economic prosperity, energy security, and entrepreneurship through partnership with the U.S., including innovative approaches to technology.
- Contributing to Slovakia’s efforts to support human rights and foster a culture of tolerance and inclusion of minorities.
- Encouraging women’s empowerment.
- Promoting cross-cultural understanding and supporting highly specialized English language learning in Slovakia.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Slovakia (exceptionally, if justified, also from third countries with a clear link to the U.S. and/or Slovakia): • Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations. • Individuals. • Non-profit or governmental educational or cultural institutions. • Governmental institutions