The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
U.S. Embassy Prague PAS Annual Program Statement
The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce available funding for projects advancing key strategic goals through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Purpose of Small Grants: The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Diplomacy Section is interested in funding projects that strengthen social, political and cultural ties between the United States and Czech Republic and support our Priority Program Areas. Projects should specifically target Czech audiences living within the Czech Republic. All programs must:
• include an American cultural or policy element, OR
• involve a connection with American expert/s, performers, organization/s, or institution/s relevant to the grant project, OR
• promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of successful PAS Small Grants Program programs include, but are not limited to:
• Academic or professional lectures, seminars, workshops, discussions and speaker programs by U.S. experts and/or about the United States.
• Community or civic engagement projects promoting shared U.S.-Czech values.
• Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, masterclasses by U.S. artists and exhibitions of U.S. works.
• Professional and academic exchanges and programs to the United States.
Deadlines for Applications:
• January 15, 2024
• March 19, 2024
• May 14, 2024
Areas of Interest
Priority Program Areas:
- U.S.-Czech bilateral relationship
- Economic prosperity, trade and entrepreneurship
- Environmental protection and STEM education
- Human rights, democratic values and civil society
- Independent media and combatting disinformation
- Regional security, cyber security and/or energy security
- • Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a connection to the Czech Republic
• Public and non-profit educational institutions with a connection to the Czech Republic
• Czech governmental institutions and international organizations
• Individuals with a connection to the Czech Republic
Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $24,000.00