The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
U.S. Mission to Canada Funding Opportunities
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada, U.S. Department of State administers a Public Diplomacy Grants Program. Awards are granted through project-specific Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs). This notice is subject to availability of funding.
PAS Canada invites proposals for programs that promote bilateral cooperation and highlight shared values. All programs must include an American perspective, societal or cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives. Grants available through this program are intended to serve as one-time opportunities that can help launch projects that should be sustainable after the project period is over. They CANNOT be used to support on-going operational costs, construction, scientific research, partisan political activity, trade activities, fund-raising campaigns, or commercial products. Further restrictions may apply.
Applicants are encouraged to consider the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on travel and public gatherings in Canada when developing programs and submitting proposals. Proposals should detail the applicant’s plan to execute either a virtual, in-person, or hybrid program, depending upon the public health restrictions in force at the time the program takes place.
|Proposal Due Dates:
|January 14, 2022
|March 7, 2022
|May 4, 2022
|July 6, 2022
Areas of Interest
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Accelerating Climate Ambitions Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Advancing Diversity and Inclusion Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Building Global Alliances Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Building Back Better Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Bolstering Security and Defense Grant Program
Notice of Funding Opportunity: Combatting COVID-19 Grant Program
PAS encourages applications from the U.S. and Canada. U.S. organizations must partner with a Canadian organization. For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply. Cost sharing is not required.
The following organizations or individuals are eligible to apply:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- U.S. not-for-profit organizations with a partner in Canada
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public international organizations and governmental institutions
- Individuals (note that for-profit organizations are not eligible for this notice of funding opportunity. By extension, this means that an employee or owner of a for-profit organization may not apply as an individual solely to circumvent this restriction. If applying as an individual, you must include in your application an explanation of why you are uniquely qualified as an individual applicant).