The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Vannevar Bush Award -- Call for Nominations
The National Science Board is pleased to accept nominations for the Vannevar Bush Award. The Vannevar Bush Award honors truly exceptional lifelong leaders in science and technology who have made substantial contributions to the welfare of the Nation through public service activities in science, technology, and public policy. The award was established in 1980 in the memory of Vannevar Bush, who served as a science advisor to President Franklin Roosevelt during World War II, helped to establish Federal funding for science and engineering as a national priority during peacetime, and was behind the creation of the National Science Foundation.
Deadline nominations: Sep. 28, 2018
Candidates for the Vannevar Bush Award should have demonstrated outstanding leadership and accomplishment in meeting at least two of the following selection criteria:
- Candidates must be United States citizens.
- Distinguished himself/herself through public service activities in science and technology.
- Pioneered the exploration, charting, and settlement of new frontiers in science, technology, education, and public service.
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity that have inspired others to distinguished careers in science and technology.
- Contributed to the welfare of the Nation and mankind through activities in science and technology.
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity that has helped mold the history of advancements in the Nation's science, technology, and education.