The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Women’s Health Fellowship Awards
To improve women’s health we must invest in the future. FWW’s Fellowship Awards recognize and support MD and PhD candidates and those pursuing fellowship or specialty training seeking a career in academic medicine/research in a field of women’s health. These financial awards go directly to the individual awardee.
Gridley McKim-Smith Women’s Health Fellowship Awards are one-time, non-recurring $5,000 awards provided directly to awardees (subject to income tax). Only one application per applicant. There is no limit to the number of applications from any one medical institution/organization.
Deadline: April 26, 2021
- Applicants must be currently and/or pursuing an MD and/or PhD at a U.S. based academic institution and must still be in the process of completing his/her education or medical training (specialty training, fellowship, or the like).
- FWW does not fund sociological research. If you have questions about our funding priorities please review past awardees before contacting us.
- Research should be related to FWW priority areas which are:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Leading female cancers
- Hormones’ role in disease and stage-of-life health concerns
- Diseases or health concerns that disproportionately afflict women
- Exploration of gender differences related to the aforementioned topics
- Applicant’s research proposal submitted in this application is being conducted at a U.S.-based medical institution.
- Applicants may or may not be United States citizens but all applicants must have a social security number. Award checks are issued to the individual awardee and are therefore subject to personal income tax.