The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Young Investigator Awards
Each year the Academy recognizes outstanding basic, translational, and clinical research by young dermatology investigators in the United States and Canada through the AAD Young Investigator Awards. The purpose of the award is to acknowledge significant research advances in the science and practice of dermatology by those beginning their research careers and who demonstrate the potential to become established, independently-funded investigators in dermatology.
The Academy offers a basic/translational research award track and a clinical research award track. Up to two basic/translational researchers and one clinical researcher will be selected as the recipients of the awards. Each recipient will receive a $6,000 prize and be recognized with an engraved plaque during the Academy’s Annual Meeting.
Deadline: Sep. 15, 2020
- Applicant must hold DO, MD, or MD/PhD degrees.
- Applicant must be a participant in or have completed a US or Canadian dermatology residency program accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the Professional Corporation of Physicians of Quebec.
- For MD and DO applicants, submitted research must be initiated after medical school.
- For MD/PhD applicants, submitted research must be initiated after PhD thesis work.
- Submitted research must be completed; proposals or research in progress are not eligible.
- Submitted research must be completed by age 40 and within eight years of completing a terminal degree.
- Applicants may be granted an extension of up to two years for the completion of this research due to: 1) birth, adoption, or rearing of a child or children; or 2) personal/family medical issues.
- Submitted research must be submitted for publication, in press, or published.