The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Young Scientists Summer Program
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA's National Member Organizations.
The YSSP provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article
Deadline: Jan. 14, 2022
Who should apply?
- you are a PhD student (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- your would like to explore the policy implications of your work
- applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).